YOUR HOME OFFICE MIGHT BE AN ELECTRICAL SAFETY HAZARD
Follow these electrical safety tips to keep your home safe from electrical hazards.
- Avoid overloading electrical receptacles
- Unplug appliances when not in use to save energy and reduce the risk of shock or fire
- Do not use old, worn or damaged electrical cords or extension cords
- Only use extension cords on a temporary basis
- Never plug a space heater or fan into an extension cord or power strip
- Running cords under rugs/carpets, doors, or windows, can be tripping hazards
- Keep combustibles at least three feet away from heat sources
- Make sure your home has smoke alarms. Test them monthly, and replace the unit every 10 years
Wherever you work, it’s always important to be safe.